Looking for a Shetland hostel? Sergeants' Mess Hostel is much more than a hostel - indeed it is more akin to a university hall of residence in style.
Sergeants’ Mess Shetland Hostel
Designed with lovers of the great outdoors in mind, it is warm and comfortable and has everything that you need to relax after a day’s exploration, including a bar selling delicious bar meals just down the corridor. The full-board price can be obtained on request.
The main hostel is situated in the former Sergeants’ Mess and has large, bright rooms, with double, twin and single rooms available.
Large Parties: Parties of ornithologists, archaeologists, geologists and general travellers are very welcome and block bookings of one or both hostels are encouraged, subject to availability. We also have a variety of meeting and lecture rooms which can be put at your disposal should you need them.
- Bedrooms - There are 26 bedrooms, most having single beds and wash basins though some have twin or double beds. There is ample storage space and bed linen is provided, though not towels, which may be hired.
- Bathrooms - There are shared toilets with baths, showers and electric shaver points. Towels are not provided but may be hired.
- Kitchen - There is a kitchen with cooker, refrigerator and microwave. You are also very welcome to eat in our restaurant and, of course, to enjoy bar meals in the bar.
- Laundry - Service Washes are available.
- Parking - There is ample parking outside the Hostel
Please note: Smoking is not permitted in any of the buildings.Check Availability and Book Online
Shackleton Lodge is hostel accommodation. The lodge has 9 single rooms, 3 of which have guest beds available, and therefore it can accommodate up to 12 people. This is ideal accommodation for activity groups of school groups that want to make the most of what Unst has to offer.
• 9 single rooms (3 with guest beds as shown below)
• 3 shared bathrooms
• Lounge with TV
• Well-equipped kitchen area
• 'Stored away’ table and chairs for group eating
• Additional fridge/freezer and food storage capacity
• Ample parking
• Free wifi within 100 metres
Please note, washing facilities including a washing machine and tumble dryer are available on site. Please enquire at reception.
Price and Additional Information:
Exclusive use ranges from £130 to £199 per night.
Shackleton Lodge is available for a minimum of 2 nights all year round.
We will to accept smaller groups (minimum of 4 people) depending on availability.
Please contact us if you have any questions or to find out more information and to check availability. We would be delighted to hear from you!
To enquire about Group Bookings, click here.